From Brainstorm to Bestseller
An Insider's Look at Publishing Your Book
AUTHOR ORIENTATION SESSIONS:
Do you think you have a book that will sell?
- Content review and discussion
- Shaping your idea into a sellable book
- Do you have a platform? (Do you know what a platform is?)
- Building your platform
Are you ready to publish (or self-publish)?
- Agent or no agent
- Articulating your idea
- Preparing a proposal
- Platform, Platform, Platform
Do you understand the publishing business?
- What to read
- What to avoid
- Have fun, work hard, but don't give up your day job!
Are you about to be published?
- What you need to know about the publishing hierarchy - how it works
- Preparing your marketing plan (don't rely on your publisher)
- Preparing for speaking engagements
- Preparing for book store appearances
How to work with your publisher-assigned publicist
Choosing your independent publicist
Creating effective press materials that won't be tossed
Identifying your media markets
Preparing for media interviews
- What to wear
- What to say
- What NOT to say
- Steering the conversation your way
- Memorable sound bytes
- Effectively communicating with media people
- Mining your contacts - now's your chance
- Creating a presence online
- ATTRACTING attention online
- Accessing new publicity tools
Do you want to know more about how we can help you go from brainstorm to bestseller?
- Ask about our hourly rates and monthly book coaching sessions
- Inquire about a speaking presentations for your organization